Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you make mp3's show up as a Podcast?

I missed a couple of podcasts in a series I subscribe to and I DLed them from the Podcast's website (one is an mp3 (audio) and two are mp4's (video)). They go into the Music section of iTunes of course.

It would be so much nicer to have these episodes with the other's they go along with. Is there a way I can convert those files so that I can put them with the appropriate podcasts in the Podcast section of iTunes?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Message was edited by: Mr. Eeee

Message was edited by: Mr. Eeee

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Leopard installed---hear me roar!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 6:34 PM

Hello Mr. Eeee,

I don't have any direct answers for you, but I can point you to somebody who does. Check out this post with a potential solution for re-importing the mp3 (podcast) into iTunes as a podcast using a script. Check it out. Hope it helps.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2118966&tstart=0

B-rock
3 replies

Sep 3, 2009 7:08 PM in response to planb77

Thanx very much for the reply planb!

That would've bben just the ticket...unfortuneately, it doesn't seem to work for me. --When I run the script...I keep getting a notice that "web sharing may not be on"...but it IS on.

He does mention that...
[quote] "There is a known Leopard/Apache bug that may prevent Web Sharing from working correctly. Many users facing this problem have had success using information from this link and item 5 from this link."[/quote]

The fix sounds a little complicated, but I'll give it a try.

Thanx again!

--If anybody else reading this has any other ideas...please post them. Thanx!

Can you make mp3's show up as a Podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.