Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to eradicate WD Anywhere Backup?

I bought a WD My Book and made the mistake of installing software which I now can't remove. There's an icon in my menubar like a black face with an eerie green grin, and little windows keeping appearing to tell me the My Book isn't connected, even when I'm watching DVDs or giving PowerPoint presentations. None of the suggestions I've found elsewhere help. Searching on my computer for "wd", "memeo" "anywhere" etc. produces no results. I've heard mention of an uninstaller, but I have no idea how to find it.

All help gratefully received.

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.53Ghz 4GB

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 9:39 PM

finding the uninstaller would really help. without it try the following thinsg. check in /Library/launchagents, /Library/startupitems for anything WD related and trash anything suspicious you find. also look in your login items in system preferences->accounts and delete anything wd related too. when done, restart the computer.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2009 9:39 PM in response to strida

finding the uninstaller would really help. without it try the following thinsg. check in /Library/launchagents, /Library/startupitems for anything WD related and trash anything suspicious you find. also look in your login items in system preferences->accounts and delete anything wd related too. when done, restart the computer.

Is it possible to eradicate WD Anywhere Backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.