Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ugrading 10.5.8 Wiki server with AD integration to 10.6

Hi there,

I have an AD integrated wiki server with about 2 dozen wikis and some user blogs in use. Over the past couple of evenings I've been attempting to upgrade a clone of this server to see what the likely issues are going to be or how easy it will be to transition to 10.6.

For the most part the upgrade seemed to go smoothly. The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't log in as an AD user, this was quickly resolved by following this knowledgebase article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1619 and telling the teamserver to use cleartext for passwords.

Second thing I noticed was that although my wikis and blogs are all present, a lot of the posts are missing from them. My collaboration folder is on a second drive which isn't present when I do the upgrade (I'm upgrading the machine using a second Xserve) I'm wondering if this is causing the issues. Upon initial launch of 10.6 server the location of the collaboration folder had defaulted to /Library/Collaboration/. Changing the location to the external collaboration folder seems to pick up all the groups but not all the postings within them. I'm wondering if 10.6 reads their location and alters them during the install!?

The other thing I've noticed is that AD users who have posted have been renamed and now seem to take the name of their blog, as in : 'Updated at 12:15am by John's Great Blog' whereas it would have previously said 'Updated at 12:15am by John Smith'

Has anyone else attempted this yet?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 11:27 PM

1 reply

Ugrading 10.5.8 Wiki server with AD integration to 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.