Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone use freestockcharts.com?

I am running Safari 4, and installed Silverlight, but freestockcharts.com continues to say that I need to install it. Apparently, only Silverlight 1 will work with Safari 4, so it may be that freestockcharts needs Silverlight 3. Does the Safari 3 & Silverlight 3 combination work?

PS: I have also tried Silverlight 3 & Firefox 3. This combination does not work either.

Message was edited by: WoodPlane

400 MHz G3 - Pismo, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 8:41 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2009 1:57 PM in response to WoodPlane

I have had a similar problem with both web browsers (Firefox 3.5.3; Safari 4.0.3). The Silverlight download page does not allow one to choose which version (1, 2 or 3) to download. One would have to download, say version 3, with the appropriate OS/web browser, and then copy the plugin and paste it into one's Mac. However, I was successful in getting onto freestockcharts.com using my old desktop PC (Windows XP professional), which uses version 3 of the Silverlight plugin.
Here is the HELP email that you might find to be of assistance: <Feedback@FreeStockCharts.com>. Good Luck!

Sep 20, 2009 4:07 PM in response to Klaus1

I just went to the FAQ/HELP of FreeStockCharts.com, and here is what I found:

Question: I've installed Microsoft Silverlight on my Mac G4 so why can't I access your site?

Answer: Some older Macs with the PowerPC chip are only supported by version 1 of Silverlight. The program requires Silverlight 2.

KEY POINT: FreeStocksCharts does not work with Silverlight 1, according to the above answer!

Can anyone use freestockcharts.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.