Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macro Development!

Not a question, but rather a pitch if you will. This is the only Shake community I've ever been involved with so I thought I'd rub shoulders and give something back to the guys that got me started when I was a noob, now I'm painting masterpieces with it like it's Photoshop 😉

It started as a simple logo intro project for myself, I wanted to make my own custom lens flare, and it's poured over into me creating a fully fledged macro for making realistic lens flares that are 100% customizable down to the opacity, polygonal shape and lens-vignette fadeoff of every element in the lens flare (and deeper than that). Production of this has only lasted 4 hours and I've got a working script with 4 elements that renders in realtime (in 1080p), that uses coordinates (yay trigonometry!) so you can track its emission to on-camera light sources.

This came out of the fact that while pretty, the ProFlares pack is somewhat over the top in its renditions of the natural occurrence that is a lens flare, but most important to me was the pack's mind-numbingly slow render speed; and lack of customizability, no ability to change shapes etc, just the ability to turn elements on and off, and change the opacity.

I'm looking for some testers, but more likely advice givers, to test the macro, give me input, but most importantly help me where I'm lacking, and that is: the ability to package my script into a tight macro package. Mainly, I need to create [+] drop menus/expandables so I can consolidate and hide what's looking to become 15 sliders PER shape. Help with the macro-exporting process as well... there's got to be a simpler way I don't feel like checking 120 radio buttons for every time I want to test the macro.

So, if you're an experienced Shake user, send me an email, eisenfeuer (at) gmail.com and I'll reply with a little package of instructions and the .shk script within the week. People with experience making macros are the preferred breed of 'experienced Shake user' I'm looking for, knowledge in C a big plus (although hopefully it doesn't get as advanced as manipulating the raw code, I've gotten thusfar with only Shake's interface)

Helpers will of course get their first free copies of the macro, and the excitement that comes from doing new things (in a program I'm sure you all just use to key... shame on you)

just kidding ;D

Dream of fast, beautiful, custom-crafted lens flares...

Mac Pro Octo2.26GHz Nahalem, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4870, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 11:29 PM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2009 12:43 AM in response to Eisen Feuer

before I go to bed, the screenshot showing what's possible:

http://www.eisenfeuer.com/media/images/macroflare.jpg

From left to right, a lens ring/lens surface artifact, an open shutter artifact nearing the edge of the screen, a heptagonal shutter blurred with a slight vignette falloff, a sharp pentagonal aperture, an oval artifact. The number of sides, the color, the blur of the shape and the outer edge, the method of vignette falloff, the opacity, rotation and many more all under your direct control to make a realistic, dynamic lens flare, perhaps even matching lens flares from other shots you've taken.

Macro Development!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.