Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard Exchange 2003 support?

Hallo,

can I use Snow Leopard to connect to an Exchange Server 2003? Is it supported? I only read that Exchange 2007 will communicate with Snow Leopard.

Thanks
Flippinger

Mac Book Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 10:58 AM

2 replies

Sep 11, 2009 9:10 AM in response to Flippinger

Some people have been reporting problems with Apple Mail and Exchange. I couldn't get mine set up properly for some reason. I put the exact same settings in Entourage and it works very well. To be fair, my Exchange server is 2003 and Apple only supports 2007. I was able to receive mail in Apple Mail OK but wasn't able to send. Also, iCal wouldn't recognize my exchange settings in Apple Mail and therefore I could not use iCal either.

So... I have abandoned Apple Mail for the time being. I am using Entourage to sync with iCal and Address Book. I like Entourage better anyway to be honest.

There is one very minor annoyance with Entourage however. When I first start it up, I get an error message that says "Unable to establish a secure connection to [server name] because the server name or ip does not match the name or ip on the server's certificate". There are a lot of reports on this error message. I click OK and it does not resurface until I exit and restart entourage.

Message was edited by: cbp0229

Message was edited by: cbp0229

Snow Leopard Exchange 2003 support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.