Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Snow Leopard upgrade, bluetooth mouse connects but keyboard will not

All of a sudden, my bluetooth keyboard lost connection to my 2gHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini. The mighty mouse hasn't had any issues, but the keyboard won't connect. The bluetooth finds the keyboard, but will not pair. Any ideas?

I have already reset the SMC.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 2:48 PM

64 replies

Sep 10, 2009 3:45 PM in response to David Belcher

Anoher intresting fact:

My 10.6 is clean install, but i have another MBP upgraded from 10.5.8 to 10.6, where keyboard was installed before upgrade. And it works. But! I can't install new keyboard on that upgraded system.

So, system/keyboard connection could be transferred from previous 10.5 system to 10.6 via upgrade, but could not be established on new 10.6 system. Sad.

Sep 11, 2009 1:03 PM in response to David Belcher

Well Apple does it again, I lost my ability to pair my headset, it seems the headset, talks for a sec then drops the headset, I have noticed that when you set up pairing now, the default it is auto pair password and not the normal password request like 0000 so then you have to select the password option. it does see the headset and gives the correct model number

Sep 13, 2009 12:09 AM in response to BarrettDenver

I have a Mac Mini and I purchased a Apple Wireless Keyboard 2 days ago. When I pair it with my Mac Mini the Airport in the Mini goes crazy and looses the ability to connect / find any wireless network.

Initially I thought it was a keyboard issue but if I pair it with my Macbook everything works fine. Both Mini and Macbook are running Snow Leopard.

I also have a bluetooth headset and I just tried to pair with my Mac Mini and it causes the same issues as the wireless keyboard.

Reinstalled Snow Leopard from zero and it didn't fix the problem.

Sep 14, 2009 7:58 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

I have the same issue.
My mighty mouse stopped responding.
My keyboard was working fine (mac bt slimline keyboard).
I unpaired the mouse and tried to re-pair... It connects but doesnt pair.
I unpaired the keyboard and tried to repair ... it gets to asking me to input the string to pair, but fails.

Ive rebooted, reset PRAM, reset batteries in both keyboard and mouse, delted the plist, stood on one foot and chanted the mystical words of the elefant man...
Nothing has worked.

Anyone found a suggestion yet?

After Snow Leopard upgrade, bluetooth mouse connects but keyboard will not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.