Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nokia 5310 Problem with Snow Leopard?

Hi,

I was originally on Leopard and my isync worked perfectly... I downloaded the plug-in and did that whole she-bang...

i just upgraded to snow leopard and now it wont anymore... its saying that there is some weird error and tells me to look at my phone (but my phone is fine, its the same)

Please help me out! Im a college student and need my schedule on my phone!

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 9:53 PM

9 replies

Sep 14, 2009 12:02 PM in response to Chithra

Chithra,

I have the same phone, and have had the same problem. I initially tried syncing my phone with iSync, but it wasn't supported. You can get a 3rd party driver from here: http://pyxx.org/nokia-5310-xpressmusic-isync-plugin/. That allows you to sync using iSync (iSync will recognize the 5310 as a valid cell phone).

However, although the phone is now supported, I try to sync the phone and get the following error messages:

"There was an error getting data from the phone. The synchronization may have been canceled on the phone." (from iSync)
and
"Data transfer not possible. Check data connection." (from the phone)

As a disclaimer, I obviously didn't cancel either process; It simply stopped after awhile gave me those error messages. I'm assuming it's a problem with the driver, and I'm going to contact the guy who created it. It could be just a problem with my phone. Anyways, hoped this help.

-T

Nokia 5310 Problem with Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.