Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who to contact at Apple to complain about an authorised repairer?

I've looked all over the contacts on the site and also did a search for "complaint" but couldn't find anywhere.

This "Apple authorised repairer" has had my iMac for over a year and I'm getting pretty frustrated - they are ignoring my emails, don't bother phoning me back (despite repeated promises), etc. It's a pretty simple question - where is my iMac, I want it back. Either they have it or they don't. Pretty poor service. Alarm bells should've rung when I turned up at their "shop" only to find that it was their house ...

As they're authorised by Apple, surely someone at Apple would be interested in the poor customer-service attitude they have. After all, the only reason why I chose them was because they were listed on the Apple website.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this question, but I can't find anywhere else. I'll try giving the local Apple contact number here (Australia) a try tomorrow.

Thanks

8-core Mac Pro/15" iMac G4/12" PB/Macbook/Mini, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 4:01 AM

14 replies

Sep 11, 2009 8:07 AM in response to Perapoika

A year? Normally Apple repairs taking longer than three weeks should be questioned. Often they will replace any machine in for longer than three weeks. Secondly, when sending a machine into repair, you should always ask the expected repair period in the future and ask to be given the option to replace the machine if they can't solve the issue within an alotted time you can accept. Most Apple repairs can be taken care of in a week or less.

But as others have said, those means of contact are good.

Sep 27, 2009 1:56 AM in response to a brody

Thanks for the replies.

Okay, partially my fault. My Rev-A iMac G5 just died. Got a quote of $770 to replace the logic board which I baulked at originally - that's half-way to a brand new iMac. Promised several times that they would ring me back, but never did. I procrastinated ... "next month I'll get it fixed". Anyway, finally got around to contacting them again. Silence. Several emails. Rang several times. Never heard back.

It's a simple question - do you still have my iMac? If not, why not? You never bothered contacting me. I've seen good things written about this person on forums so I don't understand what the issue is. Either they have it or not. Simple.

So I will try contacting them again next week. Emails go unanswered. Phone calls are answered with promises, or voicemail which ... yep, no call returned. I don't want to "escalate" this - all I want is either my iMac returned to me either repaired or not.

Nov 14, 2009 4:37 AM in response to Perapoika

I find strange that there is no way to write a complaint.

My MBP, bought new in July, is at the shop for repair, one month now.

The shop (authorized repairer) never answer the phone. Maybe my bad luck? So I went there a couple of times, very generic answers.

Calling Apple Italian customer care kept me waiting on the phone for 30 minutes most times. And no answers again, they promised to call back or email with an answer which they never did.

No informations, none else to call or to contact... what is a customer supposed to do?

Nov 17, 2009 1:29 PM in response to ali brown

Not really, ali.
Maybe I'm missing something, but on the Contact Us page there is just one phone number for Italy (where I live), nothing else, no email address or form to make an 'escalation'.
So.. after I called that phone number three times with no solutions, called the apple shop several times without ever getting an answer, I simply find very strange that there is no one else I could ask to solve this.

Nov 18, 2009 2:37 PM in response to Iggy65

Be aware that submitting via the feedback page will not get you any response from Apple, so if you're looking for assistance in resolving the problem, the feedback page is not the mechanism you should use. The feedback page is only for submitting comments and suggestions to which you do not require a reply.

If you need assistance from Apple in getting the service provider to work with you, call Apple at (39) 199 120 800 and ask if you can speak with a customer relations agent. Short of calling Apple in the United States, that's going to be the only venue for you to request assistance from Apple in resolving your problem. Be polite but persistent in asking for assistance, but understand that Apple does not have unlimited abilities to intervene when dealing with an independent business, even though that business is contracted to Apple for repair services.

Otherwise you will need to attempt to work out the problem with the manager/owner of the service center.

Good luck, and regards.

Who to contact at Apple to complain about an authorised repairer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.