Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving my itunes files from PC to new Mac?

Hi
I'm new to Macs and have just bought a 250 gb MacBook Pro. I want to stop using iTunes on my XP Professional laptop and starting using it on the Mac now. I also will be syncing my iPod Classic and iPhone with my mac instead of the laptop if all goes well.

My question is is the anything I need to beware of(besides making sure that both iTunes are the SAME version)?. I plan to drag the itunes folder to a external drive and place it required place on the mac.

Too simple? The guy in the Apple store seem to think that that was all there would be to it.

If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful.

Regards

Jeff

HP, Windows XP Pro, Macbook Pro

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 9:07 AM

These pages may be of some help:
How to move an iTunes library from a PC to Mac (and back)
How to move your iTunes library from Windows to Mac

Don't forget by the way if you have purchased anything from the iTunes Music Store to deauthorise your old PC if you are disposing of it so you don't use up your 5 allowances: About iTunes Music Store Authorisation and Deauthorisation
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2009 9:07 AM in response to watermargin

These pages may be of some help:
How to move an iTunes library from a PC to Mac (and back)
How to move your iTunes library from Windows to Mac

Don't forget by the way if you have purchased anything from the iTunes Music Store to deauthorise your old PC if you are disposing of it so you don't use up your 5 allowances: About iTunes Music Store Authorisation and Deauthorisation

Moving my itunes files from PC to new Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.