Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Networking Issue Since SL Update

This system is in an office that uses a couple windows servers for a fileserver. Running Leopard everything was fine. After the update things have gotten funky. The shares often disconnect and the finder has to be left opened for them to remain connected, if you close the finder, all connections close.

Further more when you are trying to open files, say from Word, it won't let you navigate into folders, you can see the fileshares, you can open the first folder, but not navigate below them. Mounting them with apple-k is the only way to mount them as well, used to be able to mount them from the finder.

iMac 24" 4 gigs Memory, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 9:54 AM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2009 11:23 AM in response to phinsup

Haven't specifically had all of your problems but I have encountered many problems when it comes to Windows networking that I never had with Leopard. All-in-all, I'm beginning to wish I could revert back to Leopard. I'm preying the 10.6.1 update will fix many of the problems but I fear there are far too many issues to be resolved so quickly all in one go. Very frustrating.

Windows Networking Issue Since SL Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.