Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 9 Grid view header disabled by default

Ok, the subject is pretty clear. In Grid view the so-called header - the pane on top where the Albums-Artists-Genres-Composers buttons are, and also the scroll box is - is disabled in default view for every playlist, including main library. One needs to turn it on for each playlist manually. Or maybe I just don't know something?

MacBook 13'' Unibody 2 GHz 4 GB DDR3  iMac 20'' 2.66GHz 2 GB DDR3, Mac OS X (10.6),  iPod Classic 120 GB  iPod Nano 4th  iPod Shuffle 2th

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 1:37 PM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2009 8:53 AM in response to felibb

I was looking for the same feature too.

The feature is still there, you just need to click the magnifying glass in the search bar & it will give you options "Artist" "Album" "Composer" & "Songs".

Another similar feature is column view, you can click on the view menu and select "Show Column Browser"

Sep 10, 2009 3:39 PM in response to Vlass

THANK YOU!
I was having the same issue. I have always used the top columns (in descending order to reduce my options) to sort through my library and was desperately searching for column view controls. I was already considering reinstalling the old Itunes.
In Itunes 8 I remember that the column view was turned off and on with Ctrl + B. That still works but I hadnt figured out how to control it untill I found your post.
Lots of thanks.

iTunes 9 Grid view header disabled by default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.