Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes LP download not completing Err= -19

Just installed iTunes 9 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and downloaded iTunes LP- Mayhem Take Me Away (Logan De Gaulle Remix) Single by Tyrese for $2, just to see what the whole deal was and it reaches the end of the download and iTunes gives an Error -19, stating,

**"There was a problem downloading “iTunes LP - Mayhem Take Me Away (Logan de Gaulle Remix) / Mayhem Take Me Away (Logan de Gaulle Remix) - Single / Tyrese”. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.**
**Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again."**

Every other download works fine, just the iTunes LP will not finish completing the download. I even deleted the downloads folder inside the iTunes music folder to start a fresh download of the iTunes LP and I still get the same errror. I also tried downloading it using another iTunes library located on my internal drive inside my music folder and still the same error.

Please help anybody, thanks.

iMac Alum 24 Inch, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 2:01 PM

166 replies

Sep 9, 2009 9:06 PM in response to Kingv84

Same here with the Norah Jones LP download. It downloaded the entire LP file, then, during the processing step, I get the err = -19. The error messages that come up are a little strange (different from yours): 'There was a problem downloading "iTunes LP - Come Away With Me (Deluxe Version) / Come Away With Me (Deluxe Version)/ Norah Jones". An error occurred while reading from the device. Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again.

Sep 10, 2009 10:20 AM in response to Kingv84

Apple needs to fix this very fast. I have redownloaded this file under Windows 7 and it gives me a invalid file name error and it does not allow iTunes to complete the file download. It still does not download completely under iTunes for Mac. Still getting err -19 and Apple support send me an email stating to fix my permissions on my iMac and still getting err-19. Come on Apple!

Sep 10, 2009 12:25 PM in response to Kingv84

I just tried downloading the iTunes LP on my Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8 with iTunes 9 and it downloaded successfully. I am not sure why it did not download correctly on my iMac with a fresh install of 10.5.8? but now I have the LP, I hope somebody will find a true solution to the problem of err -19 and the cause of it.

Sep 10, 2009 6:27 PM in response to Ron Curry

I've got the following reply from their support:

"Leslie here, from the iTunes Customer Support Team. I understand that you are unable to download the digital booklet from the album "Grateful Dead itunes LP American Beauty". I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused you. Rest assured I am more than happy to assist you today!

The error you describe may be caused by the presence of web acceleration or firewall software. While the iTunes Store is unable to provide technical support, I can recommend that you either test your connection to the iTunes Store without the presence of this software or configure your system to allow access to the iTunes Store's address."

But I DON'T have any accelerator or firewall software!!! which means I'm stuffed now?!! I bought two LPs the Grateful Dead and the Bob Dylan one for the same reason as all the others, lyrics, extras etc. and I'm only getting the songs. How ridiculousis this. Apple better resolves this before I scream and shout to all the major apple web sites

iTunes LP download not completing Err= -19

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.