Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 9.0 kills AppleTV movies

After updating to 9.0, iTunes won't sync several of my movies that I encoded with Handbrake or VisualHub.

Error message 'Video format is not recognized'.

These files played without any problems until an hour ago, when I was using 8.2.1.

Again, Apple has decided to break several of my movies, reminding me of the infamous AppleTV 2.3 software update.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 3:05 PM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2009 4:40 PM in response to NeedNoAlias

I also upgraded to 9.0 about 2 hours ago and my whole library can not be played by the AppleTV. As a clue to all of this, the first time you launch iTunes 9.0 it says it's upgrading the library... apparently doing something the AppleTV doesn't like 🙂 I've tried restarting everything and am getting the same message over and over again.

iTunes 9.0 kills AppleTV movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.