Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick time streaming on dvd

Hi!
What do you think of putting a quick time mpeg 4 streaming video on dvd for demonstration? I found the quality excellent. Is it possible to put the mpeg 4 video afterwards from this dvd on a website? Crazy? Greetings Mel

Posted on Oct 31, 2005 1:56 AM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2005 2:42 AM in response to Melanie Kirchhof

If you're talking about just using the DVD as a storage medium to be played on a computer thru QuickTime Player, the drawback I see is the bitrate or bandwidth requirement staying within the ability of the DVD drive to spin it out. Other than that, does a CD have enough storage for the size of your file? Reading off a CD is generally faster.

As to a website, a .mov file will play properly, A .mp4 doesn't always invoke the Quicktime player...

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Patrick

Oct 31, 2005 3:18 AM in response to Melanie Kirchhof

If he requested a mpeg 4 file, send him one. 4 minutes should fit on a CD - it's less than 650 megabytes, isn't it? No reason to put it on a DVD then.

If he wants to convert it to a .mov, he need merely load it into QT Player and save it out. But if he's asking for a MPEG4, he must know what he's doing.

Good luck (and welcome to the discussions),

Patrick

Oct 31, 2005 5:16 AM in response to Patrick Sheffield

I did it with Quick Time: 720x576, CCIR 601/DV PAL 5:4, PAL CCIR 601, 16:9.
With htis method I don´t know the kBits/s. With the other possibility Quick Time Conversion it wasn´t possible to get the right quality ( 256 kBit`s, 320x240 or 352x288 CIF), framerate 30 or 25. I got 10MB with both methods and they were horrible!
Mel

quick time streaming on dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.