7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2009 11:22 PM by Terence Devlin
Transini Level 1 Level 1
I create a new album, select it, then drag in an image from the Finder. It accepts the image (with a green 'plus circle'), but where does the image go??? The image never shows up, at least I can never find where it went. It's not in the album I dragged it into, and not in Last Import either...

Dual 2GHz PPC / 400GB / 8GB, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    Go to the Events mode and look for the latest "untitled event" event which shouild have your photo.

You should be able to drag a photo from the desktop onto an album icon in iPhoto and get the photo imported into a new, untitled event AND placed in that album.

If you know the file name of the photo put it in the search window at the bottom of the iPhoto window and it will be brought up along with the event that it's in.

• Transini Level 1 Level 1
    Okay, what iPhoto is doing is creating a new event, but the event is dated with the image's creation date!! The image is dated Feb 17, 2007, so I didn't see the event. Had to go scrolling two years back to find it. Different thinking, I guess. It would be great to have a last or recently imported feature.

Thanks!
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    There is - toward the top of the source pane is the last import

LN
    Yes, but apparently a drag-and-drop doesn't count as an "import".
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    It does for me. Delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.
    Wow, nice, that worked! "When in doubt, throw the .plist out!"

I wonder, what was in the old plist that could have caused it to misbehave like that?
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ilife
    iLife
    Corrupted plist files can cause all sorts of odd behaviours in Applications. Hence troubleshooting 101 is to trash that file.

Regards

TD