Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you create a new Genius Mix

Somehow I have ended up with one Genius Mix. It is labeled "Classical Mix". It appeared without my intervention. Can someone tell me how to create additional Genius Mixes?

3.06GHz iMac, Mac OS X (10.5), External firewire drive

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 10:24 AM

Genius mixes are created automatically when you Update Genius in the iTunes Store menu. Depending on the size of your library, you can get up to 12 mixes. If you have songs in other genres unchecked, that may affect your genius results.

Another thing to try is to turn off genius and then turn it on again.
6 replies

Sep 12, 2009 11:59 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

Jim -- thanks. I tried your suggestions, but I seem to be stuck with the one mix (the same one).

I don't have a real extensive library of albums, but I do have a fair number of individual songs and few if any of these unchecked. The one mix I have is based on four albums and "others". I am not sure what "others" means, but I do have those four complete albums in the library. Maybe that's the key.

How do you create a new Genius Mix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.