Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro HD and NVIDIA GeForce 6600

I have been using Final Cut Pro for some time now on a G4 PowerBook and just recently upgraded to a bright and shiny PowerMac g5 (for the extra horsepower to crunch goodies for movies). A small setback has me stumped....

The software loaded fine, and I pulled down all the relevant updates...but when attempting to load the software I am presented with a Configuration Error - missing AGP graphics card...

This new Mac has the NVIDIA GeFORCE 6600 card installed - Help!

I am fairly sure this is the same card used in my G5 at work, and FCP seems to like it just fine. Is newer hardware worse for this version of FCP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Nov 6, 2005 8:21 PM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2005 8:54 PM in response to JCharles

If you're talking about one of the brand-new G5's with PCI-Express graphics cards, there's a patch you can apply (non-Apple) that has been reported to allow older versions of FCP to run on these newer macs. It's the same patch that allowed macs with PCI graphics cards to run FCP when it started requiring AGP graphics cards.

Patrick Sheffield, "PCI Express PowerMacs and FCP" #5, 01:43pm Oct 24, 2005 CDT

Final Cut Pro HD and NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.