Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't autocomplete Address Book entries with just a Company name?

Hi - I'm trying to solve a confusing problem here. I am *almost positive* that I had been able to email to address book entries by typing in either their company or the first/last of the recipient. I have a few entries (that I have emails to) where I don't have a personal name, just the company name.

Trouble is now in Mail, it won't find those entries. I don't know if it is a setting I did incorrectly or something but it is really frustrating to find - basically I have to copy/paste from address book to Mail every time I want to email them. Their email does show up (without the name of the company or the brackets around the email) if I start typing the letters in the actual email.

Any ideas?

thanks,
bill

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 8:25 AM

Would love to see a solution to this, if one exists. I have the exact same problem. I just started using Evernote, and want to forward emails to it's inbox, but Mail won't find the address book entry for Evernote when listed as a company name. As a workaround, I changed the address book entry to first name "Ever" and second name "Note" instead of using a company name, and now it works just fine, which seems to confirm that this is a bug preventing Mail from recognizing company names. (I say 'bug' because I can't think of a reason why it would be intentionally designed this way).
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2009 8:25 AM in response to oilburner

Would love to see a solution to this, if one exists. I have the exact same problem. I just started using Evernote, and want to forward emails to it's inbox, but Mail won't find the address book entry for Evernote when listed as a company name. As a workaround, I changed the address book entry to first name "Ever" and second name "Note" instead of using a company name, and now it works just fine, which seems to confirm that this is a bug preventing Mail from recognizing company names. (I say 'bug' because I can't think of a reason why it would be intentionally designed this way).

Mail won't autocomplete Address Book entries with just a Company name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.