Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to format USB key for XBox 360 as Master Boot Record....

I'm not sure this is the correct place for this question.

I'm new to Mac OSX, and have a few USB keys that were formatted on my PC (which I no longer have). When I plug in a USB that was formatted on my PC, the OS X Disk Utility shows it as Partition Map Scheme: MAster Boot record. These USB keys work fine in my XBox 360 However, when I format a key on my MBP, the Partition Map Scheme: is now GUID Partition Table, even though I "Erased" the key as MS-DOS (FAT). The Partition Map Scheme, always shows GUID Partition Tabel.

How can I format my USB keys as Master Boot Record?

Thanks in advance.

MBP 13.3", Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 2:43 PM

Follow these directions:

1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder.

2. After DU loads select your USB flash drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.

3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Click on the Options button and set the partition scheme to MBR. Set the format type to MS-DOS. Click on the Partition button and wait until the process has completed.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2009 2:43 PM in response to PaulSu

Follow these directions:

1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder.

2. After DU loads select your USB flash drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.

3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to one. Click on the Options button and set the partition scheme to MBR. Set the format type to MS-DOS. Click on the Partition button and wait until the process has completed.

How to format USB key for XBox 360 as Master Boot Record....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.