Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic volume problem

I am having a **** of a time with volume in logic 9. I never had this problem with 8. The issue is happening on nearly every track I make whether an audio instrument or audio. As you can see in the picture I posted, the audio just randomly changes. I clearly set the automation to be at -8.2db but as the track was playing it randomly jumped up to +2.6db. I think the problem is that my controller (M-Audio Keystation 49e) is sending midi data from the volume slider that's on the controller. I think it's just so sensitive that it will set the track volume to whatever the volume slider is at. Maybe the bass in my room is causing it. Either way, it should not be that sensitive. I never had this problem with Logic 8 because I don't think Logic 8 recognized the volume from the slider on the midi controller. Somehow Logic 9 does but I don't want it to. Does anyone know how to disable the volume slider midi data from being sent to Logic? I tried looking through prefs and audio midi setup in OS X but can't find anything. It's driving me batty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 5:29 PM

5 replies

Sep 13, 2009 4:32 AM in response to rschmitt

OK mate what you need to do is go to the environment window and select "clicks and ports"

Now add new transformer from the "new" menu, then you need to plug the transformer between input notes and pre process view. ( see picture )

Now double click the transformer and set the mode to "filter matching events" set the status = control, channel = all, data byte 1 = 7. ( see picture )

This should then filter out all control 7 data ( volume ) from your controller.

when you're finished, it should look exactly like it does in this diagram.

User uploaded file

Happy days.

Logic volume problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.