Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you have to make an appointment to have your iphone replaced?

For those who have gotten there iphone replaced at the apple store...

I'm in sort of a rush to replace my broken iphone. So I was wondering is it mandatory to schedule an appointment with the genius bar or could i just walk in and tell them my problem and have it replaced. Reason being is I plan on taking a bus all the way to the another city tomorrow just to get it fixed. But it would be pointless if they tell me I had to schedule one before they take a look at it once I get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 7:43 PM

If you do not schedule an appointment, there is no guarantee that they will be able to get to you.

You can risk it, but why not call before you leave?
4 replies

Sep 12, 2009 8:01 PM in response to Joey999

If there is an Apple store nearby, it is best to make an appointment. Having to take a bus to another city doesn't sound like there is an Apple store nearby.

Or you can call AppleCare at (800) 694-7466 and handle everything over the phone. If it is determined that your iPhone needs to be exchanged under warranty, AppleCare will ship the exchange to your door. You must provide a credit card number in case your existing iPhone is not returned. You use the same box that is used to ship the exchange to return your existing iPhone. The return shipping label is located below the shipping label to you along with a phone number for the carrier to call when the box is ready to be picked up. A small paperclip is included to remove the SIM card from your existing iPhone, and tape to reseal the box.

Do you have to make an appointment to have your iphone replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.