Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dumb question? How do I access Nike plus?

Hi gang,

Just bought my new 5th Gen iPod nano. One of the features was supposed to be that you could use your Nike plus shoes without the usual receiver that had to be plugged into the nano.

I can't seem to bring up the Nike plus function on my new Nano. Do I have to plug in the Nike Plus receiver after all?

Cheers!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 12, 2009 8:32 PM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2009 10:34 AM in response to Niel

I have the same problem. The store rep said no receiver is necessary but Nike + does not show up on the Nano's menu list. I bought the sensor only. Did Apple make a mistake in their instructions? Does this mean that we have to have the receiver connected to the 5th gen Nano when we use it for running or just for the installation? If we need to have it connected during running, I hope there's a belt clip that accommodates the receiver as well! I have a headache now.
Thanks!

Sep 15, 2009 6:06 AM in response to Myk Oleary

So does the Nike+ menu appear only when the receiver is attached?

The Apple store reps need better training on this. Right now they seem to think no receiver is necessary and that you can track speed, distance, strides etc., without the receiver. They even told me my Nano may be defective. I guess you need the receiver after all. Too bad they don't carry a clip that accommodates both Nano and receiver yet.

Dumb question? How do I access Nike plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.