Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Install Package Action

I'm attempting to create workflows to install packages on remote systems, and have immediately come up against a fatal oddity during initial tests.

I create a workflow with "Choose Remote Computer" followed by "Install Chose Package…" I select a remote computer and designate a package.

If I save and reopen the workflow, the settings for both steps vanish. "Choose" has no remote system available, and "Install" no longer lists any package. Basically, Automator discards my work during save.

Both the remote computer and the package are available throughout, and I receive no errors.

Am I hallucinating, or is this basically useless?

Thanks,
Bryan

Mac Pro 2x2.26 Quad, et al, Mac OS X (10.5.7), OS X Server 10.5.7

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 10:32 PM

There are no replies.

Automator Install Package Action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.