Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 06 and Snow Lepard does it Work?

I use both iMovie 06 and iMovie 09 (iMovie 06 about 90%, iMovie 09 about 10%) with iDVD 09 on OS 10.5.8 without any issues.

Most Mac owners I know are using iMovie 06 with iLife 09.

How is iMovie 06 and Snow Leopard working for you? Have you done any still images in iMovie 06 and Snow Leopard?

Some say Snow Leopard is compatible with iMovie 06 others say it is not.

Without iMovie 06 compatibility many will have to skip 10.6 or create a Dual Boot OS so they can have both 10.5 and 10.6.

Thanks for your input.

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 12:31 PM

11 replies

Sep 18, 2009 11:25 AM in response to Bootamac

Well, I've just started iMovie 06 to see for myself, and guess what? It crashes, then crashes. Started it up again and, it crashed.

So in my case at least, no it doesn't work.
This is an Apple program that is incompatible with an Apple OS.
How much like Windows XP do we want to be?
Time to upgrade to either Leopard or Windows 7 I think?

Sep 18, 2009 4:08 PM in response to baltwo

Interestingly enough, iMovie HD6.app, v. 6.0.4 launches and runs without issues; however, I didn't create any movies, but did run through most menu options and no crashes.

The complaint that I've heard with 10.6 and iMovie 06 are the use of still photos.

Can you try that?

I teach introductory video editing, and I must use iMovie 06 (with iDVD 09) because iMovie 08 and 09 are such a great departure from the way all other video editing software works.

Final Cut Express is to hard for beginners, and I really don't want to use Windows (as others that teach video editing have done).

Sep 18, 2009 4:26 PM in response to Ziatron

Sorry, no. I don't have any still photos on the machine and never made a movie with them. Since you teach this stuff, you should be able to upgrade a machine with SL and check it out.

The complaint that I've heard with 10.6 and iMovie 06 are the use of still photos.

That isn't very useful without the exact problems. Alternatively, you might try the iMovie forum at
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=141

iMovie 06 and Snow Lepard does it Work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.