Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do clear my itunes downloads?

In my downloads section on itunes 9 it say 17 available downloads how do i clear/delete those so it says 0 available downloads

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 11:20 AM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2009 11:59 AM in response to atharva333

Once an item enters the download queue, the user cannot remove it. Either let it complete the download (easiest) or contact the iTunes Store customer support department through the Contact page and ask them if they'll remove the item(s) from your queue for you. Since there is no iTunes Store nor App Store in Jordan, though, they may refuse to help you since, if you are accessing another country's store, you're in violation of the iTunes Store terms of use.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

Sep 18, 2009 2:55 PM in response to atharva333

What kind of downloads? I know that for a podcast, at least, you can take them out of the download queue by going to the podcasts page and selecting all the items that are waiting (they're probably in light grey) and deleting them from there. Of course, this removes them from the list so if you ever want to download them later its a bit more of a pain. I was able to do this when I accidentally hit "get all" on a podcast with over 100 episodes, and I didn't want them all to download. I couldn't cancel it from the downloads page but I could delete them from the podcast page and then they disappeared from the downloads page.

If its not podcasts, then I don't know any way to remove them from the queue.

May 1, 2014 2:06 PM in response to Hlung

Hlung wrote:

In iTunes Downloads folder (open Terminal, type: open ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/Downloads/), delete `list.plist` file to remove the queued downloads.

There is no such file (list.plist) in my Downloads folder, as you can see in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

Do you have the newest iTunes installed, i.e. v. 11.1.5?

I have my iTunes Media folder on an external hard drive, maybe that's the reason?

Strange anyway…

May 1, 2014 7:24 PM in response to Chris CA

Thank you for your reply, Chris! 😁

Because you tried to help me with your suggestion, since it included quitting iTunes. 😉

The reason is (in my opinion) that after clearing the Downloads folder, iTunes had to be started, and then quitted again, to let it rebuild a list.plist, that then can be deleted, as can be seen here:

User uploaded file

I did not re-start iTunes yet, but I am sure now the persistent downloads are a thing of the past… 🙂

But no… 😟

About a minute later my worst nightmare happened:

I checked for available downloads, just as you suggested, and there they were, all of them, more than 500 (this thing is long-going on, many months…!).

At first, just waiting: 😕

User uploaded file

Then, starting to download! 😮

User uploaded file

Also, there's no list.plist file in that folder any more:

User uploaded file

I don't know how to get rid of that; it's pesting up my hard drive! Sure, I can download and delete them, especially the games would not even fit in half! 😢

For the moment, I give up — have to catch some sleep! 😐

Apr 26, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Hlung

Old post but this still helped me - THANX!

It took 3 hours to find this discussion 😟. I didn't find this searching apple discussions directly. I found this using google giving a result in "apple.stackexchange.com" with a link to this apple discussion.

So, Why isn't this DELETE option a "Simple" button in iTunes?!!!!

Not to much to ask. Just "Delete" (like we've all tried), and a message "Are you sure you want to remove this permanently from your downloads? (You can re-download from iTunes or iCloud at anytime in the future."

-Grateful

How do clear my itunes downloads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.