Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF import to Pages in Snow Leopard

Hi. In Leopard it was possible to import several pages from a PDF via thumbnail sidebar (Shift D) with drag’n’drop in a new Pages Layout. This function seems to be killed in Snow Leopard... . Anybody here with the same problems? Regards, Mactheny.

Message was edited by: Mactheny

MacBook Pro Core2Duo 17", Mac OS X (10.6), CinemaDisplay 23"

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 11:49 AM

9 replies

Sep 18, 2009 11:56 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

When you have a multilateral PDF, open the thumbnail sidebar (Shift D). Try to drag
one of the pages from the sidebar into a Pages layout. This was working under Leopard. In
Snow Leopard I have to generate a single PDF for every page from the multilateral PDF in
order to import them.
I guess, this is quite a retrograde step regarding layout workflow!

Sep 19, 2009 12:12 AM in response to Mactheny

I haven't had a chance to test this in Snow Leopard, I will as soon as I can.

My disappointment with many things Apple has done in the last 10 years has been just how many retrograde steps there have been. I really can not see why they are necessary. It leaves little to look forward to in new versions.

It feels like the noose is tightening on designers and is getting to point where it is hard to breathe.

Peter

Sep 19, 2009 12:04 PM in response to Mactheny

Mactheny wrote:
Have you already tried to merge two single PDFs to a new one in Preview? Canceled in Snow Leopard!

It is not gone in Snow Leopard. Preview can display more than one PDF in a single window. Depending on where you drag thumbnails, you can combine separate documents into one window, or combine several PDFs into one document. This can be done page-by-page or entire documents can be merged.

PDF import to Pages in Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.