Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I adjust controller volumes so they are equal?

I have a CME UF8 and NI Maschine. Right now, I want to use Maschine like a regular controller. However, it seems to play at a lesser intensity/volume than my KB. Is there a way to increase the volume of the Maschine so that it equals the volume/intensity of my KB, without manually turning up the Volume in my mixer in Logic 9?

IMAC 2.93, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 12:20 PM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2009 12:32 PM in response to DJ Torch

Welcome to the forums Mr Torch.

Midi volume ( CC7 ) has a scale of 1-127, so have a look in the Logic midi window in the transport bar and hit a key on the controller and note the level of the volume ( CC7 ) , then hit a pad on the Maschine and see what that is doing. I'm guessing that if you hit a Maschine pad hard, they'll be around the same volume.

Sep 18, 2009 4:21 PM in response to DJ Torch

You have to establish a '0' value and '127' value with LP9 from your Maschine hardware. It appears that LP9 has only recognized a maximum level that is less than desired levels, you say. Try recording some fader moves into LP9 from your Maschine and see what you get by viewing the recorded events in LP9. If you see levels from 0-127, then it's not MIDI related but attenuation issues with your mixer. Good luck

How do I adjust controller volumes so they are equal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.