Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

can't untag from Places

2732 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2009 9:36 PM by NeddySeagoon RSS
NeddySeagoon Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 18, 2009 8:42 PM
I have 9 photos in iPhoto '09 that will not let me remove them from Places.

Clicking the X while in the Info window does not work.
iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (54,895 points)
    Sep 18, 2009 8:55 PM (in response to NeddySeagoon)
    Have you gone to the manage my places window (windows menu ==> manage my places) and deleted those places?

LN
    2.1 GHz iMac G5 with 500 GB internal HD, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iPhoto 8.0.2, 750 GB OWC EHD, Sony DSC-W150 camera, ATP PhotoFinder Mini GPS
  • n[ate]vw Calculating status...
    Sep 18, 2009 9:24 PM (in response to NeddySeagoon)
    Is it possible that those photos had geotags in the file? If they were exported from iPhoto with an earlier location, or came from an iPhone or other device that geotagged them, iPhoto will not let you get rid of the location from its interface.

If it happens again, you tell by right-clicking them in iPhoto and choosing "Show File" (or "Show Original File" if it is available). Then open them in Preview and use Tools > Show Inspector. If the More Info tab has a GPS tab with a map, then there is a geotag in the file itself.
    Mac OS X (10.5)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.