Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime and Decompressor Required to view this image

Whenever I try to simply copy and paste an image from Safari into Adobe Illustrator, a blank box appears that says, "Quicktime and a decompressor are needed to view this image." What do I need to fix this problem?

MacBook Aluminum (not a pro), Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 8:55 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2009 11:41 AM in response to Paddieecakes

HI and Welcome to Apple Discussions...

Anything files you copy/paste from a browser is in HTML format and likely to be in either GIF or JPEG or JPG format. Perhaps Illustrator needs those files reformatted before they can be imported.

Try dragging one of those images to your Desktop. Then launch the Preview application. From the Menu Bar, cilck File/Open and navigate to that image. Then from the Menu Bar, File / Save As. In the Save As window click the Format pop up menu. Select a format that Illustrator can read... try Photoshop or TIFF. Then drag that reformatted image to the Illustrator window.

Carolyn 🙂

Oct 20, 2009 5:42 PM in response to Mark Tilley

There is an easy solution to this (that took me hours to find).

Save as the powerpoint to the Tiff funtion. It will put all of the slides into a separate window. Open up a new powerpoint and select "big picture" for the slide and then DRAG (not copy and paste as this will not work) the tiff slide onto the new slide and "pop" it in place. works great

Quicktime and Decompressor Required to view this image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.