Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from version 6.4.3 (xskey) question ?

I have been happily dragging along LP 6.4.3 on a on old G4 alongside my protools rig -- this is the version with the xskey dongle. I am ready to upgrade my cpu, and I am not sure about the upgrade process-- CAN I SIMPLY buy the Logic Studio 9 upgrade and use my serial number from version 6.4 (I have the original reg card and all discs and documentation). I have my XSKey. Everything works. I simply need to move beyond the G4 that it's living on.

Is there a department at Apple that can clarify this for me?

I have been out of the LP upgrade loop for a few years and I have a feeling things are somewhat different now.

Thanks for the guidance.

Jeremy

macbook pro C2D 2.33 17" 3GB ram, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 19, 2009 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2009 8:24 AM

The upgrade should work just fine. You might to connect the XSKey once while installing Logic Pro 9.
7 replies

Sep 23, 2009 1:08 PM in response to jannhewi

1. All I had to do was have my XSKey attached when installing. I didn't have it attached on my laptop, and it prompted me for it. For my desktop, it was attached and it simply loaded.

2. I only installed WaveBurner (minimum installation) for the G5 -- and I am happy to report that it appears to work just fine on the G5/2.7DP OS 10.5.8 --

WaveBurner is a wonderful application. VERY intuitive and it appears to do WAY MORE than I expected it to do -- sheesh, and it's free, too? This is a fantastic bonus.

I am a protools guy -- but I think I will use parts of L9 again -- probably use L9 as a VI slave... very well done, Apple. Thank you!

Upgrade from version 6.4.3 (xskey) question ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.