Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano stuck in Disk Mode

my ipod froze on the apple logo screen so i found disk mode advice
but how do i get out of disk mode or am i supposed to do something on the computer?
i have enable disk use or whatever but that just makes it unresponsive
help please!

imac 20", Mac OS X (10.5.8), ipod nano gen 2, 4 and 5 (on the way)

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2010 4:17 PM

Hello thismac,

In order to take the iPod out of Disk Mode, you will have to reset the iPod. To do this, press and hold the Center and Menu buttons together until the Apple logo appears. That should do the trick.

If you are getting no response from the iPod while attempting to reset it, you may have to wait for the battery to die, then hook it up. If you can get it to appear in iTunes, it would be a good idea to restore it via iTunes as well.

Otherwise, there really isn't much else you can do for an unresponsive iPod that you cannot reset or get iTunes to recognize.

Hope this helps.

B-rock
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2010 4:17 PM in response to thismac

Hello thismac,

In order to take the iPod out of Disk Mode, you will have to reset the iPod. To do this, press and hold the Center and Menu buttons together until the Apple logo appears. That should do the trick.

If you are getting no response from the iPod while attempting to reset it, you may have to wait for the battery to die, then hook it up. If you can get it to appear in iTunes, it would be a good idea to restore it via iTunes as well.

Otherwise, there really isn't much else you can do for an unresponsive iPod that you cannot reset or get iTunes to recognize.

Hope this helps.

B-rock

iPod nano stuck in Disk Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.