Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found an iPod Touch...

I would like to find the owner and return it. However, I look in the contacts (blank), calendar (blank), e-mail (never set-up), etc to find the owner without success. Does anyone know of a way to track down the owner?

Thanks

16GB iPod Touch

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 5:33 PM

9 replies

Sep 21, 2009 1:01 PM in response to Scott Rullmann

where did you find it? was it a public place where there maybe a lost property or something? or somewhere where the owner may ask if it's been handed in? may be worth taking it there if so.

if the owner has registered it with apple, the serial number will be in apple's records and they should know their details. they won't give them to you, but they may be able to return it if you send it to them. as someone above said, definitely worth phoning them and asking about it.

Sep 22, 2009 1:03 PM in response to Scott Rullmann

wow, good for you to look for the owner. Sure wish it was at our school as someone just took my son's from his locker. They may have wiped it clean with Mobile Me. I wonder why itunes doesn't have a way to search serial numbers? My son did go to the school office and gave them his serial number in hopes that someone like yourself turns it in! Thanks for giving me the hope that others like you are out there! 🙂

Good luck.

I found an iPod Touch...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.