Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-Created Bins in New Projects?

Is there a way to create and save pre-created bins in the Browser when you start a new project? Almost like a custom saved layout template. I usually have a group of about 10 or so bins I like to make for organization and it's annoying recreating with every single new project...

Mac Pro 2x 2.8 Quad Core Intel Xenon, 8GB Memory 4 TB HDD, 30" Cinema Display, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Final Cut Pro Studio 6.0.6 - QuickTime Pro 7.6.2

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 1:22 PM

Sure, set up a project with Bins and whatnot exactly as you want it. Save it.
When starting a new project, open the saved project file then do a Save As..
6 replies

Sep 22, 2009 1:35 PM in response to kdengs

There are a couple of ways I can think of off hand. One is to create a template project, with no media imported or captured, and launch that one when you start FCP. Then, do a SAVE AS before you start working and give it a new name. You can also lock the original file to make sure it never gets altered.

You could also do it at the finder level. Create a directory with the desired folders inside. When you start a new project, import that root directory before you start working.

Sep 22, 2009 2:38 PM in response to kdengs

Here's one more and this may bring back some memories for long-time Mac users...

Create your template FCP project and save the project file. In the Finder select the project file and open the Get Info window by pressing Command-I. In the "General" section enabled the "Stationery pad" checkbox.

User uploaded file

Now when you double-click this icon the Finder first make a copy of it and then opens the new copy.

Pre-Created Bins in New Projects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.