Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundtrack Loops sound different in Multitrack

I must be doing something wrong. When I preview some of the loops, usually a caf file, they sound great... even when I open them to the audio editor. But for some reason when I drag them to my multitrack project (or even a blank file) the temp is all off. The track sounds completely different in the multitrack file. I played with the Mhz and that doesn't change anything, I even exported them to aif files and imported them and still no luck. Any ideas?

Macbook Pro 2.53, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 2:20 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2009 1:42 PM in response to The Chris

I say this as someone who literally, for the first time today, tried using Sndtrack Loops and has ZERO music experience, but since I ran into this myself: it could be that your loop isn't snapped to the beat/where it should be, relative to the other tracks. I left snapping on so to ensure it hits the right mark. Hope that helps, again, I don't know what I'm really talking about, but ran into a similar issue when using Soundtrack to create music with Apple Loops for the first time today.

Message was edited by: rw-media12

Oct 2, 2009 7:43 AM in response to Brad Bechtel

The same thing crossed my mind, but when you preview from the browser the loops are supposed to play in the key and tempo of the project - and they do in my case. I looked for a preference that turns this on, but there doesn't seem to be any. So the problem these users are having is the program not working the way it's supposed to.

Nov 2, 2009 10:44 PM in response to The Chris

My initial though was to check the tempo, which I did and that made no difference. Also, if your multi-track project has to be the same tempo... then you can't utilize all the Apple Loops and stock audio.

When I say that the audio "sounds" different... I mean it literally doesn't sound like the same song. It definitely sounds like a tempo issue, but nothing I have found changes anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Dec 8, 2009 2:56 PM in response to The Chris

When you play them in the *Finder or and Audio File Project* they are going to play at their natural tempo and pitch (which is visible in the Search Browser). However when you play them in the *Search Browser or the Multitrack* they are going to play at the project tempo and pitch (which is very often different).

When I audition from the Search Window and drag to a track they sound identical, except perhaps in level which can be accounted for by preview volume, and track assignment and panning.

Soundtrack Loops sound different in Multitrack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.