Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ok easy question re finder scrolling and snap

ok how do I get the finder to stop snapping back to the selected item when scrolling down the list view, cause it's annoying me to death.

G4 500/1.4 G OWC, AGP Sawtooth 768 MB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 3:16 AM

11 replies

Oct 7, 2009 3:28 PM in response to Polaritypictures

Same here! I do not see a setting anywhere to correct this. This is ever since upgrading to SL (this was a brand new Mac Pro with Leopard, out of the box I immediately updated the OS and then did the SL upgrade, no migration or old bs)

In list view, if you have an item selected and you scroll out of view of it and stop, the view will snap back to the highlighted item. Very annoying!

Also, certain directories that were previously viewed in coverflow reopen in finder with most of the window being taken up by the coverflow view, not to what you may have sized it to before.

I tried trashing the Finder plist file and that did not help anything.

thanks

Jan 11, 2010 3:58 AM in response to Bryan Prazen

What all of you are describing is not normal behavior. I don't see the same thing on my SL system. I strongly suspect you've all got something wrong with your systems. Does it happen if you create a new account on your machine and try scrolling there? How are you scrolling? What kind of selections are involved? (Single files, multiple files, files from different folders, etc.?)

ok easy question re finder scrolling and snap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.