Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Photosmart Premium C309a Issues

I am having an issue using the Full Featured Printer Software (HP Installer_Inkjet_Full_Group0210.3.dmg) for the Photosmart Premium C309a. I can scan documents using Image Capture and Preview, but not with the included 'HP Scan' software.

When I start the HP Scan software it will search for available devices but my device is never found.

I have the printer connected to my network via patch cable to a Dlink wireless router. Bonjour finds the printer and I can print just fine.

I also cannot use the Scan To Computer options from the printer as I get the following error message:

The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP imaging device. Try the following steps. After each step, try scanning again.

Error

* Restart the program.

* Close all programs that may be using the device.

* Reboot the computer.

I am having these issues on more than one mac in my household so the problem is repeatable, is anyone else having this problem using the C309a and HP Scan?

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 2:56 PM

1 reply

HP Photosmart Premium C309a Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.