You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATT MMS on iPhone 3G 3.0.1

My Wifes iPhone 3G still has 3.0.1 on it but when I plug it in to enable MMS Carrier Update it also wants to update to 3.1 I do not want 3.1 on her phone to keep her from dealing with any of the reported problems. Any way to get 1 update without the other?

Lenovo, Windows Vista, iPhone 3GS / iTunes 9.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2009 1:25 PM

9 replies

Sep 26, 2009 6:24 PM in response to Bdaman80

REPEAT:
There are no problems...everything is fine.....It works....

I have two iphone 3gs 32 gig that will not enable mms on 3.0.1
I also hallucinated about others having problems with 3.1 update
I do not want to risk getting two paperweights
I will attach pics and such to emails
I would have thought 3.0.1 would support mms
My wife would like to have mms

Sep 26, 2009 9:48 PM in response to mindyann

just click the start icon , go to run , type command , the command window opens and type this in

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

make sure to include the " you wont see anything change , after that close the command window and open the itunes . hold shift abd click update. a window opens to select the update. change the type to ipcc and locate the carrier file you downloaded. update it and restart your phone.

Sep 27, 2009 9:17 PM in response to starburstt

Although I totally respect Starburstt's input here, is there any other way to do this? I am not particularly comfortable in downloading a file that is not directly coming from either AT&T or Apple. Again, I am not insinuating anything, but just wanting to know if the files can be found anywhere else.

Again thanks Starbrustt for your input.

ATT MMS on iPhone 3G 3.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.