Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP !!!!How to Unlock Deep Freeze or reinstal OS

I have a new ( 3 mos old ) MacBook Pro that i just got back from my ex. her boyfriend thought it would be funny to install deep freeze so i cant change any of the settings. I have the serial number of the software and am the registered owner of the MBP but software developer is being less than helpful. I cant boot from an install disk for they have disabled that through deep freeze. how do i reformat of change boot order. I transferred all my files out so now its just getting it back to origional state

MacBook Pro mid 2009, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 4:40 AM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2009 5:47 AM in response to prizzo66

Did you look through the FAQ? Item #7 might help:

http://www.faronics.com/faq/default.asp#7

Will the computer boot into Target Disk mode (holding the T key while booting)?

If so, you can connect it to another Mac via Firewire and use Disk Utility on the other Mac to erase this computer's hard drive.

If Target Disk Mode doesn't work, try booting into Single-user mode by holding command+S on startup. I, unfortunately, don't know the command(s) you would use to get the HD erased, but if the computer will boot into single user mode, there's some hope.

Last thing to do is remove the hard drive, place it in an enclosure, and use another Mac to erase it. If your computer is under warranty, you'll want to be careful removing and reinstalling the drive.

If none of the options above work (or, in the case of the last one, you don't want to take the risk of damaging things), you'll have to bring the computer to an Apple store or authorized service provider and have them take a look.

~Lyssa

Sep 28, 2009 12:28 PM in response to Lyssa

lyssa.I have not Deep Freeze.maybe I am in the wrong post.sorry,about.
here it's my problem.*** you see I have ibookg4,with macosx(10.4.11).
normally I use: halo1,age of mytology,roller coast tycoon3,lines,etc.(games)
I use every day sketchup6-7.adobephotoshop,pages,numbers,keynotes,adobeillustrator.
I use every day google earth,firefox,safari,youtube.I dawnload videos,pictures,etc.I play flash games on line.to resume.I been using this igemg4 without...*_any problem at all .seriously.any problem at all_*.but.here it's my problem .I play a game called wz2100.it's a nice game.in version 2.0.8 I play ok.not problem.(came with 20maps to play with ).here we go now I got a new version 2.2.3.in this _I can add new maps_ .....after play for 7-8 minutes the game get freeze,manually I must shutdown the computer.I restart without any problem.on the wz2100 games'forum i wrote about.I got this lines

Regarding Topo's problem, the only time I've ever heard of something loading successfully but freezing up the entire system after specific period of time, is when there's a CPU or Cache module Overheating. There's no way an invalid AI script could make the entire O.S. crap out unless it was already unstable b/c of some other hardware/software issue.

Warzone can not crash the OS. The problem is with your system (heat / corruptions / bad RAM) or this this.
lyssa.sorry about. give some help.

HELP !!!!How to Unlock Deep Freeze or reinstal OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.