Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Realtek on Win7: Hiss and no mic

Running on Windows 7 - Bootcamp 3:
Even if I install the latest release from Realtek Web Site (2.33) the audio quality is very poor with lot of hiss and the internal mic (correctly recognized) do not ear any input sound, so cannot be used with any applications (like skype or sound recorder)

Imac, Other OS, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 7:02 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2009 3:16 AM in response to IEBO

Right Click Speaker Icon - right side of taskbar, select sounds from menu. For the things you do not use (recording, digital in, digital out), Right click Icons under tabs and select Disable. I've done this for all except Speakers. Seems to have cleared up static sound in W 7 (32&64). I can not do same in Snow Leopard.

And talking about interference, is there any way to Off the Huskrfreak88 entry which is on first page of this Forum every day?

Oct 10, 2009 1:21 AM in response to ReMacs

I've tied disabling all devices (in both tabs play and record) but the static remain and audio quality is very poor. Still the mic does not work. I'm using the latest Realtek driver (from their site v. 2.34), but the problem is even with the bootcamp driver. If I install the Windows driver the Microphone work but the output does not work (no sound). I'm using a recent IMAC (less than 1 year). I have another Imac at work and using the bootcamp driver works perfectly (both mic and sound). I believe there is a litte different configuration or version of the realtek board, but I cannot figure out how to fix the issue.

Oct 28, 2009 5:28 PM in response to IEBO

I found an answer to this problem

After installing Windows7 + Bootcamp drivers, you need to do a "special compatibility" installation of the sound drivers. So, after bootcamp has been installed, so the following
1.- Insert your original Mac OS install CD (the one that came with your MAC)
2.- Open the folder Bootcamp/Drivers
3.- Find the audio driver (Realtek or other) and RIGHT click on it -do not run it yet
4.- Select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
5.- Let the wizard run. Choose the option "Troubleshoot program"
6.- Select "program ran well in previous version of windows"
7.- Click "test program" when prompted
8.- If asked to restart, do not restart yet -remember, at this point, Windows is just testing the program, so it hasn't installed yet. If you get a "restart" request at this stage it just means the program is actually ok for compatibility
9.- Back in the wizard, click "next"
10.- Wait for the drivers to install, and restart
11.- Enjoy HD music and mic!!!!!

Realtek on Win7: Hiss and no mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.