Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't pair Nike Plus Watch Remote

I have the first gen Nike Plus watch and am trying to pair it with my iPhone 3gs. Does the first gen watch definitely work with the 3gs? I get to the pairing screen and try pushing all of the buttons on the watch, but it's not connecting. I just put a fresh battery in the watch.

15 MBP Santa Rosa, 20 iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 9:06 AM

13 replies

Nov 7, 2009 8:48 AM in response to Cibby

1) Turn off your iphone 3gs and then back on.
2) Pull the sensor from your shoe and set it on the table next to the iphone.
3) Go to settings/nike+/sensor
4) Press the small button on the sensor 5 or 7 quick times to wake the sensor.
5) Set the sensor on the table and tap (sort of hard) in a consistent rhythm.
6) When the sensor is recognized, click done.

Dec 18, 2009 5:23 AM in response to Cibby

The problem could be the sensor. It may not support dual synchronization. You are trying to use the 3G(S), Nike+ Watch and the sensor. Nike probably did not add dual synchronization to the sensor in which case you only have one of two you can have running. Either the iPhone or the Nike+ watch.

Try shutting off the Nike+ on your watch and use the iPhone and see if that works. In which case proves that it is not dual sync compatible like Bluetooth.

Dec 30, 2009 10:11 PM in response to JoeZinVA

No, I had a watch remote and sensor and the two worked perfectly with my iPhone 3GS for about 6 months.

Now the watch doesn't work, and when I try to link the remote the iPhone can't find it. I suspect one of 2 things:

1) Either the latest iPhone update somehow killed the watch remote, or

2) I need a new battery for the watch remote ( which I hadn't suspected this because the visual display on the watch remote still works – I can see the time and signals associated with pressing different buttons clearly – but perhaps those are 'low power' uses and the power to send a signal to my iPhone has conked out).

I'll get a battery as soon as I can and let you all know if it works.

Can't pair Nike Plus Watch Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.