Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix iTunes error 8003 ?

Hello, I purchased some albums last night and all downloaded fine except one song on an album. iTunes tries twice then gives me the error message. There was a problem downloading blah blah. An unknown error occurred (8003). Thanks, David

15" MacBook Pro, 1.83Ghz, 2Gb RAM, X1600 booo, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 128Gb SSD, Airport Extreme Card w/ N-band

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 8:07 AM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2017 11:20 AM in response to Wallclock

I had this problem too, (on Mac) downloaded a entire album all but one song. Every time I tried that one song "There was a problem downloading "______". An unknown error occurred (8003)

Reset MAC, Cleared the browser, cleared history, cleared everything reset everything, cookies on, cookies off - none of that worked. Bypassed the external firewall problem solved. I even reset/cleared the external firewall that didn't work.

If your having this problem on iPhone thy turning off wi-fi on the phone.

Oct 3, 2009 8:31 AM in response to Wallclock

Hello, I sent an email to Apple iTunes help. The rep sent me a form email with stuff I've already look at and considered, as expected. Then I pointed out that subsequent to the incident I downloaded more albums and the error has not reoccurred and I haven't changed my setup. So its either on their end with permissions / etc. or on my end with a stub or fragment /etc. I'm no techie.

Apple's solution to this was to delete the song from my purchased album and giving me a free song download, that is NO solution. BTW, iTunes error 8003 is a time-out error per the rep from iTunes. It isnt listed in the error list at the Apple support site.

Thanks, David

Nov 18, 2009 6:59 AM in response to Vigran

Duh. Of course this solution, being the simplest, worked like a charm.

Before arriving here, I searched the internet and came up with all sorts of solutions, including deleting "list.plst", contacting Apple, checking for corrupt passwords, standing on one leg while saying, "iTunes" backwards three times ...

Thanks for stating the obvious and allowing me to get on with my day! 🙂

Jul 25, 2011 10:18 AM in response to Wallclock

I had this problem, too. It was so annoying because I ended up trying so many different things; to no avail.

What worked for me: Checking to make sure that cookies were enabled.

I have no clue why iTunes needs cookies, but I turned off the cookie filter on my firewall (Netbarrier) and the download fired right up and did what it was supposed to.

Just posting this here in case anyone else was having this problem and hadn't tried this particular step yet. I hope it works for someone having this issue.

Aug 10, 2011 3:52 PM in response to mashroob

I had this 8003 error problem a couple of years back and in the end it was down to NetBarrier blocking cookies. Strange, because this only happened on one particular track of an album I was downloading which is why NetBarrier was one of the last things I suspected. So it took me a long time to find the solution!

It happened again today and I came here to remind myself exactly what the solution had been. As you say, mashroob, simply turn off cookie filter and it's fine. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂

How do I fix iTunes error 8003 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.