Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No internet again

I'am back!
Doing diagnostics it says that the internet appears to be working but the error message is "cannot find www.apple.com" May have mispelled etc.
Now that the keychain is back and I downloaded Pacifist to get the keychain back, downloaded latest Apple security update

Now no internet again

I tried moving the internet plists to desktop but that did not work this time.

This is send, Yes Horrors, on my old PC LOL, Please help!!

Thanks
PS where and how do I delete other "sites" from internet listings for connections. I only want to keep automatic and home??

Message was edited by: hanne333

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 4G ram, dual proc233

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 8:11 AM

15 replies

Oct 4, 2009 8:43 AM in response to hanne333

Try putting these numbers in Network>TCP/IP>DNS Servers for the Interface you're using...

Then Apply. These are safer/faster than most ISP's DNS numbers, and have been patched against DNS poisoning.

https://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/start/device/apple-osx-tiger

where and how do I delete other "sites" from internet listings for connections. I only want to keep automatic and home??

System Preferences>Network>LOcation>Edit Locations iirc.

Oct 4, 2009 9:05 AM in response to BDAqua

out of the blue the internet "came back" very strange. However when I went to system prefs, location it said I was not set up for the internet??!! so I followed the prompts and it is still working and of course it added another location
When I highlight a "site" the edit is grayed out. I will change the TCIP/DNS, but am holding off LOL

I have to find out where and how to access the router's settings. Been a few years 😀

PS the only thing I actually did was change the home-page to www.apple.com

Oct 4, 2009 9:41 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks again

was able to delete extra locations 😀

So changing the router- do I not need to change the computers? Router is 192.168.2.1, Nothing is listed in DNS Servers

Told you, it's been a long time LOL

I will mark this solved as everything works (until the next time) 😀

Belkin won't let me in 😀, loging default does not work

No internet again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.