Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install iMovie HD 6 on intel machine with iLife '09

I recently bought a new intel iMac with iLife '09 preinstalled. On my old PowerMac G5, I had iLife '08 installed as well as the free iMovie HD 6 for iLife '08 folks who didn't like the new iMovie. I prefer HD 6 so would like to continue using it. In order to install iMovie HD 6, I need to have iLife '08 installed in its entirety. Is this going to mess up my already-installed iLife '09? iMovie is the only app for which I want to use an older version.

24" iMac 2.667 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.1), 4GB RAM 1TB HDD

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 1:16 PM

iMovie 06.03 and iMovie 06.04 are believed to be the same program. Except in one area. iMovie 06.04 "looks" to see if you have iLife 08.

If you have iMovie 06.03 you should be able to just copy it onto your new Mac.

Look at what install disks you still have. Pacifist is an application for Mac OS X that opens up .pkg installer packages and lets you install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package.

If you have iMovie 06 you CAN download the upgrades for it from Apple.

Also post your question in the iMovie 06 area, you will find many iLife 09 / iMovie 06 users there.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2009 1:16 PM in response to kit

iMovie 06.03 and iMovie 06.04 are believed to be the same program. Except in one area. iMovie 06.04 "looks" to see if you have iLife 08.

If you have iMovie 06.03 you should be able to just copy it onto your new Mac.

Look at what install disks you still have. Pacifist is an application for Mac OS X that opens up .pkg installer packages and lets you install individual files out of them. This is useful if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package.

If you have iMovie 06 you CAN download the upgrades for it from Apple.

Also post your question in the iMovie 06 area, you will find many iLife 09 / iMovie 06 users there.

install iMovie HD 6 on intel machine with iLife '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.