5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2010 12:45 PM by Schneb
Schneb Level 5 Level 5 (4,940 points)
I was getting horrible refresh problems and artifacts in Finder. Here is what it looked like...

http://i36.tinypic.com/e9dyqh.jpg

So I zapped the PRAM and repaired permissions, now I am getting an oversaturation in the reds and cyans. Look at the picture below. The image on the left is a photograph in Firefox, the same image on the right is in QuickView...

http://i36.tinypic.com/jzwj81.jpg

ColorSync offers NO solutions, and the monitor colors do not change as I change to the listed ColorSync presets. What is going on?!

2.0 Intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1), 2gb RAM
  • 1. Re: Major Monitor Issues in Finder
    Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (89,655 points)
    HI,

Try deleting the Finder preferences .plist file.

com.apple.finder.plist

~/Library/Preferences. Move that file to the Trash and restart your Mac.

*Try Firefox maintenance.*

Firefox 3.5 for Mac OS X

1. From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History... .

2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.

3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose what history elements to clear. Click Clear Now.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X

1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.

2. Make sure Cache and Cookies are checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.

Carolyn
  • 2. Re: Major Monitor Issues in Finder
    Hi Carolyn,

Already tried that... nothing. Still there.

This is not an issue with Firefox, but the Finder. All my folders and Dock items look candy-like. It does not appear in a new account, so something is going on in my Library file or preferences. But what? ColorSync?
  • 3. Re: Major Monitor Issues in Finder
    Strange. I got my colors to snap back. I removed all of my preferences, it snapped back to default settings when I logged out, then in. Then I replaced them all. The colors are now where they are suppose to be. Well, if it happens again, I will know what to do.
  • 4. Re: Major Monitor Issues in Finder
    I restarted my iMac and the colors are back to the saturated aqua look!! This is ridiculous. Anyone else having this problem? Removing and replacing the pref files didn't work this time.
  • 5. Re: Major Monitor Issues in Finder
    No one helped. Oh well.