Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automation Values in Groups: Fader Drags vs. Node clicks

Thanks in advance helpful people, I'm sure this is obvious or not possible... one of the two. I'll just explain it as an example.

I have 4 drum tracks (Kik/sn/l&R) selected as a group with what I think are all the correct group settings. All four fader values are starting at different levels, and when I raise and lower a fader, all raise in relative level.
Now I put it in Automation mode. When I change automation levels via the fader (in touch or latch) as the tune plays, the levels differences stay same (Ex: track1> 1.5db up to2, track2> 2.3db up to3).

I want to be able to do this with adding a node click as well. When I click on one of the group's region with Automation enabled, all the track fader levels snap to the same db. Is this normal? I want the relative differences to stay the same, but raise all four in their relative level.

Any help would be appreciate... this along what seems to be an UNDO bug is driving me nuts. Thanks

Logic Express 8

Mac Mini 1.83 - 2gig Ram, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Love Logic, hate the Illogic of it though ;)

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 6:37 PM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2009 9:23 AM in response to dscorzish

dscorzish wrote:

I want to be able to do this with adding a node click as well. When I click on one of the group's region with Automation enabled, all the track fader levels snap to the same db. Is this normal? I want the relative differences to stay the same, but raise all four in their relative level.

Yes, I think it is normal because you're defining a specific value. I'd send them to a bus (aux) and automate the level on the bus object.

Oct 5, 2009 7:36 PM in response to chorleyman

Thanks, I guess it makes sense. However I now have another question about the bus. If you don't feel like giving me a lesson on an aux channel and wanna tell me to RTFM, great... but please tell me where;)

Here is my example: I have two GTR tracks from two different mics, I have them panned just the way I want, and the volume difference just the way I want. Your suggestion makes sense about changing both in volume... but is there a way to keep the placement in the stereo field the way I like it... cause whether the Aux channel is clicked as mono or stereo... I loose the Placement.

The reason that I need to keep the stereo placement is that it's causing the good type of phasing. Thanks... I didn't feel like a newbie until today!

Automation Values in Groups: Fader Drags vs. Node clicks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.