Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP LaserJet P1006 / P1005 / P1500 series

Hi. Does anyone have any word if Apple and HP are working on getting Bonjour for Windows to support the latest LaserJet "personal" printers?

I can get the LaserJet P1006 to work directly on OS X and Windows Vista as well as via Airport Extreme with a Mac computer. But I can't get the printer to work wirelessly with Windows Vista.

I removed and re-installed Bonjour for Windows. After installing, it sees the printer and successfully installs it as one of the printers. But then when I try to print it just comes up with "Error - Printing".

Hoping there's word on getting an updated Bonjour for Windows to support the current list of printers out there.

Any news would be great.

PowerMac G5 2.0GHz Rev. B, Mac OS X (10.5.8), nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra DDL, Apple OEM 6GB DDR, KRK RP6CB Studio Monitor

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 8:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2009 8:36 PM in response to Rodney

I have a very similar problem. HP LaserJet P1006, Airport Extreme, works fine in OS X 10.6.2, problems with Vista.

I was, however, able to manually add the printer in Vista via IP (Bonjour didn't work). But then after a while the printer would stop responding to Vista print jobs unless I rebooted the Airport Extreme. At that point it would work again for a while, then at some point stop again.

HP LaserJet P1006 / P1005 / P1500 series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.