Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture no longer loads my photos.

Aperture 1.5.1 no longer imports my pictures from my camera card. When I plug in my card, all I get is gray squares where the photos should be (and used to be.) I tried deleting the whole program and reinstalling, but the same thing happens. This same program runs just fine on my desktop with the same OS.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

G5 iMac 20"; G4 iBook laptop, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 2:51 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2009 5:35 PM in response to DLScreative

No, DLS. Here is my procedure:

I plug my USB card reader into the laptop, then insert my camera card. Aperture automatically opens, as it should. I import the photos directly from the camera card through Aperture. This used to work. Now, it loads only some of the photos, then stops, and other times it doesn't load any photos.

I tried deleting Aperture completely and reinstalling. Same program and camera card work fine on my other computer, a desktop iMac with the same OS.

Hope this explains better.

Thank you,
Maria

Oct 7, 2009 5:50 PM in response to Tony Gay

Thanks, Tony. Today I brought my laptop and camera card and reader to my local Apple computer techie. He said the same thing you said: suggested trying to "import" photos from the desktop. He also said that my iBook G4 is only minimally equipped to handle Aperture, and said that its USB ports are not very powerful (like newer models') and might also be part of my problem. Will do what you and he suggested.

Thank you for your advice!

Aperture no longer loads my photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.