Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Files

I often shoot video files (.mov) along with stills. Can Aperture catalog these files? I am currently using iView Media Pro for my DAM and it's all but dead for the Mac. I would like a new management tool for my images and video so as to relocate from my external media (usually DVD).

Thanks for any assistance...

MacBook Pro and PowerMac G5's, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 1:10 PM

8 replies

Oct 7, 2009 5:13 PM in response to Tony Gay

I use Portfolio Server with NetPublish at work. I was hoping to combine asset management with image processing in one package. Aperture does everything I was looking for other than logging .mov files. I could have two separate workflows for stills vs video but was hoping to integrate the two. With so many DSLR cameras capturing clips I'm surprised not to see this included. Oh well, can't have everything you want. I pulled up a sales person w/chat and they suggested I use QT to convert my .mov into a file that Aperture supported... what a .tiff? I don't think the support person got what I was asking for.

Is there a method by with to recommend new features?

Video Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.