Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raw format RW2 in iPhoto

I am using iPhoto to organize all my fotos in various iPhoto libraries.

However, my iPhoto (8.1 (415)) does not recognize Panasonic RAW RW2 format (camera Lumix GF1), and I am now unable to integrate my RAW pictures in the same iPhoto libraries.

Is there a way to get iPhoto to handle THIS RAW-format?

Note: NO conversion into any other format required. I need iPhoto exclusively (so far) for adding keywords to my fotos and organize them in my large iPhoto libraries.

Börries Kemper

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 3:39 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2009 9:26 PM in response to Boerries

I'm having the same problems and have a Canon EOS 5000D camera.

It downloads most files but then gives me an error that says: "Unreadable files: 37 The following files could not be imported (they be an unrecognized file type of the files may not contain valid data). IMG_2350.CR2....etc)

I just looked and it says the photos are in RAW format. I dont know what it means or how to fix it. All I know is that I love those pictures and I dont want to lose them. Do you know a way to save them if iPhoto wont support RAW?

What's up with Apple lately? I keep having problems with them not being up to date wit new advances (which is extremely odd for Apple)!! The reason I have a Macbook and iPhone and all this Apple stuff is because they were always so on top of things...I cant even get customer support now.

I’m currently living in China (until February 2010) and since I don’t speak Mandarin I can not get assistance here.

Oct 8, 2009 11:06 PM in response to lnr103

I just looked and it says the photos are in RAW format. I dont know what it means or how to fix it.

Set your camera to only take jpegs in the future. Consult the manual for details on that.

RAW is a large area for discussion. In *very very* brief terms: A RAW is a full sensor dump from your camera which means you can have full control over the processing of the image, as opposed to a jpeg which has been processed for you by the camera.

For more on RAW use google. There is a vast amount of information out there on the issue on the many, many photography sites.

Do you know a way to save them if iPhoto wont support RAW?

Use Image Capture (in your Applications Folder) to move the files to a folder on the Mac. Store them while you sort out the problem.

What's up with Apple lately?

Nothing.

I keep having problems with them not being up to date wit new advances

Really? You do know that your camera is supported by 10.6, don't you? If you're still on 10.4 it's kind of unrealistic to expect an OS that preexists the Camera by several years to support it.

If, for some reason you cannot upgrade to 10.6 then, frankly, read your camera manual. You will have got software with the camera to process these RAWs.

Regards

TD

Raw format RW2 in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.